Adopt me! facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsAdopt Me!
|Release date(s)||July 14, 2017|
|Genre(s)||MMORPG, Digital pet|
Adopt Me! is a massive multiplayer online game on the gaming platform Roblox. The original focus of the game was to adopt children. The game was developed further, and its focus is now on collecting pets. Adopt Me! has been played 20 billion times as of March 2021. The game is created by a video game development studio called Dreamcraft.
Adopt Me! is about adopting and taking care of different animals. Pets are grouped into 5 classes, based around how common they are and how much you have to pay for it. These groups are common, uncommon, rare, ultra-rare and legendary. Pets grow up from junior to adult. If a player has four adult pets of the same type, they can create a "neon" pet, and four neon pets can be combined into a "Mega-Neon" pet. Purchases can be made with the money of Roblox, robux, and through Adopt Me!'s own currency, Bucks. Bucks can be earned by feeding and taking care of your pet.
Before 2018, Adopt Me! had been about adopting and taking care of children. In 2019, pets were added to the game. More people began playing the game and the game became about adopting pets. In March 2021, the game had been played 20 billion times.
List of Updates
- On April 1, 2020 Adopt Me! added a pet rock.
- In May 2020 Adopt Me! added a "Pirate Update."
- On May 28, Adopt Me! added the monkey fairground into the game.
- During mid-July, 2020, Adopt Me! added a kitsune pet.
- On October 3, 2020, the "Dinosaur Update" went live.
- On October 28, 2020, Adopt Me! began a Halloween event.
- On November 24, 2020, Adopt Me! added the "Robo dog" pet.
- On December 16, 2020, the "Winter Update" was released.
- On February 2, 2021 the "Lunar New Year Update" was released.
- On February 18, 2021 the "Farm House Update" was released.
- On March 18, 2021 the "Gift Refresh Update" was released.
- On April 2, 2021 the "Peacock Update" was released.
Adopt me! Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.