Mangka Mayanglambam facts for kids
Mangka Mayanglambam is an Indian Manipuri folk, classical and contemporary song performer and a Pena player. She is best known for the Hada Samadon Ayangba, the opening theme song for the 8th Manipur International Polo Tournament in Imphal and Moirang Sai A women's Ballad. she is one of a few artists who is preserving the rich granary of Meitei folk music, especially the genres of the Moirang Sai Pena, among the present generation. One of her Major Contribution is that she train many Young boys and girls on Manipuri Folk and traditional music. She is an inspiration,a role model to many youngsters and People address her Princess of Manipuri Folk Music She is the first solo performer to represent India at Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union Radio Song Festival Held at Colombo 2014. She is the youngest 'A' grade Folk Singer Of All India Radio Imphal.
More about Mangka Mayanglambam
Miss Mangka Mayanglambam Daughter of Mayanglambam Mangangsana Meitei and Maibam Rebika Devi
Training acquired in the field of Performing Arts : Mangka acquired the knowledge of Manipuri folk music from her father since childhood. She trained on various Manipuri Folk and other arts forms; Moirang Sai and Basok from Guru Smt. Langathel Thoinu in 2002, Pena from Padma Shri Guru Khangembam Mangi in 2006, Khongjom Parva from Guru Smt Khumanthem Sundari in 2009, Mime from Y. Sadananda in 2012, Hindustani Music from late Guru Mairembam Jiten Singh in 2013, Theatre from Kalakshetra Manipur in 2016, Moirang Sai from Kumbi Inakhunbi in 2019, and Khunung Eshei from Guru Lourembam Bedabati in 2020.
Seminars & Conferences:
- 'Women of Substance', ETA: North-East Women's Network Group, 2020.
- 'The Healing Power of Folk Music', The Art of Living, 2020.
- 'Women in Music' (Owning her Space Session I), Zubaan & Heinrich Böll Stiftung, Culture Of Peace 2020.
- 'Music Across Boundaries' (Owning her Space Session II), Zubaan & Heinrich Böll Stiftung, Culture Of Peace 2020.
- 'Meet the Singing Sensation of the North East', Inside Northeast (INSIDENE) 2020.
- 'Women in Music, Art making & Family', Sister Radio 2020.
- 'Iris Program' young talent from the North Eastern States of India to Japan, Embassy of Japan, represented Manipur at Tokyo and Hiroshima 2017.
Productions and Publications:
- 'Khom-In', a digital production on Khomlang Laman Shingba Thouram of Chakpa Phayeng, 2021.
- 'Play the Pena', an article on The Sangai Express 2020.
- 'Cultural Connection with the Diaspora Manipuri Chidren' , a digital production 2020
- 'Langathel Thoinu's Moirang Sai', a song book 2018.
- 'Indigenous Games of Manipur (Sagol Kangjei)', a digital production by DD ARUNPRABHA in collaboration with Ministry of DoNer, 2018.
- “Nura Pakhang” a maiden international song collaboration with Cla an iconic Portuguese band, 2017.
- 'Chingda Shatpi' a Manipuri Folk Song Album, Our Village 2015.
- Conducted Workshops and Classes on Manipuri Folk Music:
- 'Rejuvinating Manipuri Folk Culture (Session II)', Laihui & Iputhou Thongnang Thougan Loop, Assam 2020.
- @ Shiraho Elementary School, Sasakawa Peace Foundation and Laihui, Ishigaki Island, Japan 2019.
- @ Taketomi Elementary School, Sasakawa Peace Foundation and Laihui, Taketomi Island, Japan 2019.
- @ Haebaru Kindergarten, Sasakawa Peace Foundation and Laihui, Okinawa Japan 2019.
- 'Theatre of The Earth', Kalakshetra Manipur & NSD 2018.
- 'Play Pena' ongoing classes of Laihui since 2014.
Awards and Recognitions:
- 'A' Grade folk singer of All India Radio Imphal since 2019.
- ICCR Empanelled Artiste since 2019.
- 'B' High folk singer of All India Radio Imphal, 2017.
- State Icon of Election Commission of India, 2017.
- National Young Talent Scholarship Award from CCRT New Delhi in the field of Folk Song 2017-19.
- Approved Folk Singer of All India Radio Imphal, 2015.
- First Ever Indian Solo Performer at Asian-Pacific Broadcasting Union ABU Radio Song Festival, Colombo 2014.
- Merit Scholarship in Class IX - X by Education Dept. Govt. of Manipur 2011.
- First position in Folk Song at District and State Level Youth Festival 2010, by Nehru Yuva Kenda Sangathan, Manipur.
- National Child Talent Scholarship Award from CCRT New Delhi in the field of Folk Song 2010 to 2016.
- Approved child artiste of All India Radio, 2008.
- 'Asadoya Yunta- Singel' & 'Loi-Kaba', a virtual and collaborative performance with Okinawan Artiste, on the 1st Anniversary of Imphal Peace Museum, organize by Sasakawa Peace Foundation Japan and Manipur Tourism Forum 2020.
- Guest Artiste for 71st Republic Day at Assistant High Commission Of India Sylhet, Sponsored By ICCR. 2020.
- Presented Manipuri folk songs at 30th Nupilan observation at Ramnagar and Bhanugash, Bangladesh, 2019.
- Collaborative performances with Okinawan Jazz Band M’S on 30th Anniversary of Haebaru Town Museum at Okinawa Japan, 2019.
- Cultural Exchange performances with Folk artistes of Ishigaki, at Yayama and Taketomi Island, Japan 2019.
- Presented Manipuri Folk Songs on Awa Khongchat at Mandalay, Myanmar, organised by MamiThawan, hosted by Chief Minister of Sagaing, at Myanmar 2019.
- Rajasthan International Folk Festival 2017 at Jodhpur.
- “Ingelehua - two cultures entwined” Manipuri and Hawaiian music, dance, and poetry maiden collaboration, 2017
- “Shakuhachi meets Pena - A Maiden Collaboration of Manipuri and Japanese Traditional Music 2016, by The Japan Foundation and Laihui at Imphal and New Delhi
- "Esplanade Dan:se Festival", by Esplanade Theastre at Bay, at Singapore 2015.
- "Tapestry of Sacred Music 2013, invited by Esplanade at Singapore.
- 'Destination North-East 2020', virtual live festival by North East Council, Government of India.
- 'World Music day', a virtual festival, by Musik-A, TAFMA Nagaland, ICCR Guwahati 2020.
- A collaboration Performance with Japan Okinawan Artiste for “Commemoration of Platinum Jubilee of Imphal Battle”2019.
- 'Songs and Dances of Lai Haraoba', IIC Art Experience, New Delhi 2019
- Monte Music Festival by Fundação Oriente at Goa in 2018.
- “Rhythms of North East 2017” at Jamia Milia Islamia University, New Delhi.
- Songs and Dances of North East, CIDCO, Mumbai 2016.
- Colours of North East, Taj Palace, Mumbai 2016.
- "An Enemy of the People" Kalakshetra Manipur, 2015-16.
- New Horizons from North-East, International Film Festival of India, Goa 2015.
- Silver Waves, AIR NES Shillong 2015.
- Invitee performer of New Delhi World Book Fair 2015.
- Theme song “Hada Shamaton” on 150th Years of Modern Polo observation at Imphal.
- Festival of Manipur, Bangalore 2012.
- IBSEN Festival, New Delhi 2012
- New Performance Festival by India Foundation of Arts, Kolkata 2011.
- Ranga Sankara Theatre Festival, Bangalore 2010.
- Khunung Ishei and Pena Festival, by EZCC Kolkata and Art and Culture Govt. of Manipur 2009.
Documentary on Mangka:
- 'Purvottar Ke Sitare' DDK National 2016.
Quick facts for kids
|Occupation||Performer, Researcher and Teacher of Manipur Folk music at Laihui Ensemble since 2013.|
|Known for||Hada Samadon Ayangba Nura Pakhang Chingda Satpi|
|Preserving the Moirang Sai Manipuri Folk Music|
Mangka Mayanglambam Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.