1138 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1100s 1110s 1120s – 1130s – 1140s 1150s 1160s|
|Years:||1135 1136 1137 – 1138 – 1139 1140 1141|
- Robert Warelwast becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- March 13 – Cardinal Gregory is elected anti-pope as Victor IV, succeeding Anacletus II.
- August 9 – Deadly earthquake in Aleppo, Syria killing about 230,000 people.
- August 22 – Battle of the Standard between David I of Scotland and the English. The Scots were defeated.
- Bavaria was taken away from the Welfen Duke Henry the Proud and given to the Austrian Margrave Leopold IV.
1138 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.