1138 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1100s 1110s 1120s – 1130s – 1140s 1150s 1160s|
|Years:||1135 1136 1137 – 1138 – 1139 1140 1141|
- Robert Warelwast becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- March 13 – Cardinal Gregory is elected anti-pope as Victor IV, succeeding Anacletus II.
- August 9 – Deadly earthquake in Aleppo, Syria killing about 230,000 people.
- August 22 – Battle of the Standard between David I of Scotland and the English. The Scots were defeated.
- Bavaria was taken away from the Welfen Duke Henry the Proud and given to the Austrian Margrave Leopold IV.
Images for kids
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:1138 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.