Accommodation facts for kids
Accommodation can mean:
- Accommodation (in British usage) or accommodations (in American usage) is lodging in a house or similar living quarters that are given to travellers in hotels or on cruise ships, or prisoners, etc.
- Accommodation (religion), a theological principle linked to divine revelation within the Christian church
- Accommodation (law), a term used in United States contract law
- Accommodation Bill, a bill of exchange
- Accommodation (eye), the sense in ophthalmology
- Accommodation (physiology), process of changes in bodily function due to repeated exposure to drugs or toxins
- Accommodation (psychology), the process by which existing mental structures and behaviors are modified to adapt to new experiences according to Jean Piaget (see also assimilation)
- Communication Accommodation Theory, the process by which people change their language behaviour to be more or less similar to that of the people with whom they are interacting.
- Accommodation is a linguistics term meaning grammatical acceptance of unstated values as in Accommodation of presuppositions
- Biblical Accommodation is the adaptation of text from the Bible to signify ideas different from those originally expressed.
- Accommodation (education) are modifications made in the classroom to assist a child with a disability
Accommodation Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.