Afar Region facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Afar Regional State
Qafár Rakaakayih Doolata
Map of Ethiopia showing Afar Region
|• Total||72,053 km2 (27,820 sq mi)|
|• Density||25.14818/km2 (65.1335/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||ET-AF|
Danakil Depression is in the north of the region. It has the lowest point in Ethiopia and one of the lowest in Africa. The southern part of the region has the valley of the Awash River. Other notable landmarks include the Awash and Yangudi Rassa National Parks.
Like other Regions in Ethiopia, Afar is divided into administrative zones (and one special woreda).
- Administrative Zone 1: Awsi Rasu
- Administrative Zone 2: Kilbati Rasu
- Administrative Zone 3: Gabi Rasu
- Administrative Zone 4: Fanti Rasu
- Administrative Zone 5: Harri Rasu
- Argobba special woreda
Images for kids
Afar Region Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.