Aghjabadi Rayon facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Map of Azerbaijan showing Aghjabadi Raion
|Established||8 August 1930|
|• Total||1,760 km2 (680 sq mi)|
|• Density||69.69/km2 (180.5/sq mi)|
Aghjabadi is a raion in central Azerbaijan. The capital is Aghjabadi. Aghjabadi raion was started in 1930. In 1963 it was ended and connected to Agdam Raion. In 1965, it became separate again. There are 46 settlements and 1 town in the district. There were 122,649 people in 2010.
- Uzeyir Hajibeyov – composer
- Afrasiyab Badalbeyli – composer and conductor
- Shamsi Badalbeyli – composer
- Tofik Bakhramov – football referee
- Zulfu Adigozalov – khananda
- Vasif Adigozalov – composer
- Isi Malikzadeh – writer
- Sabir Novruzov – mugam singer
Aghjabadi Rayon Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.