Butterbean's Café facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsButterbean's Café
|Created by||Jonny Belt
|Written by||Caitlin Hodson
Lucas Mills (staff)
Leah Gotcsik (head)
|Theme music composer||Matthew Tishler
Bryan Winslow (additional)
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||60 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||November 12, 2018– present|
Butterbean's Café is an animated fantasy television series created by Jonny Belt and Robert Scull, the creators of Bubble Guppies and Whoopi's Littleburg, ordered by Nickelodeon. The series follows Butterbean, a fairy who runs a neighborhood café with her friends. The series involves "creative cooking, a farm-to-table philosophy, and a social-emotional curriculum that focuses on leadership skills". A total of 40 episodes have been ordered. The series premiered on November 12, 2018.
On June 4, 2019, the series was renewed for a second season. The series moved to the Nick Jr. channel as of August 25, 2019.
Butterbean's Café is set in the magical land of Puddlebrook and follows its title character, Butterbean, a young fairy who opens up and works in her own café, with the help of sister Cricket and friends Poppy, Dazzle, and Jasper. The patrons of the café consists of anthropomorphic chipmunks and rabbits. Next to the café is grumpy Ms. Marmalady, who plots to put Butterbean out of business, only to fail every time. There is a running gag where a character (which the episode varies and mostly centers around on) breaks the fourth wall by talking to the viewer in a documentary style confession where they explain the various situations happening at the moment. Working together, the fairies whip up amazing treats in most of the episode. If the treat is successfully saved, Butterbean plants a colorful surprise bean producing special effects based on it, depending on the episode, to which she calls "The Fairy Finish".
- Butterbean (voiced by Lily Wilmott in UK and Margaret Ying Drake in US), a fairy who owns a café. Her cooking tool is a whisk.
- Cricket (voiced by Gabriella Pizzolo in US and Amelie Halls in UK), Butterbean's younger sister. Her cooking tool is an icing bag.
- Poppy (voiced by Kirrilee Berger in US and Alisia-Mai Goscomb in UK), a fairy who runs the kitchen. Her cooking tool is a kitchen spoon.
- Dazzle (voiced by Olivia Grace Manning in US and Imogen Sharp in UK), a fairy who runs the café's front counter. Her cooking tool is a stylus.
- Jasper (voiced by Koda Gursoy and Quinn Breslin in the US and Eric O'Carroll in series 1, & Alexander James in series 2-present in the UK), a fairy delivery boy. His cooking tool is a spatula.
- Cookie: A winged, flying cat who lives in Butterbean's Cafe.
- Ms. Marmalady (voiced by Alysia Reiner in US and Judy Emmett in UK), Butterbean's foil. Because she and her workers produce sub-par products, her café hardly get customers.
- Spork and Spatch (both voiced by Chris Phillips in US and both voiced by Mike Cross in UK), Ms. Marmalady's bumbling monkey employees.
- Marzipan: A dark grey cat owned by Ms. Marmalady.
List of Butterbean's Café episodes
Nickelodeon and Paramount Home Entertainment released a first DVD of the show entitled Let's Get Cooking! on January 14, 2020.
Awards and nominations
|2019||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Performer in a Preschool Animated Program||Olivia Grace Manning||Nominated|
The series' debut on November 12, 2018 yielded Nickelodeon "its highest-rated preschool series debut since the 2013 launch of PAW Patrol", drawing 727,000 Kids 2–5 and 2 million total viewers.
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers
|1||22||November 12, 2018||1.28||TBA||TBD||0.75||TBD|
Butterbean's Café Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.