COSHH facts for kids
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) is a set of rules in the United Kingdom. Employers are to protect employees and other persons from the hazards of substances used at work.
The tasks that employers have to make according to COSHH include:
- Finding out what are the hazards to people's health in the workplace.
- Deciding how to prevent the damage to people's health - this is called risk assessment.
- Giving tools for reducing the damage to people's health.
- Making sure these tools are used.
- Keeping all these tools in order.
- Giving important information and teaching people how to use the tools and reduce health risk.
- Keeping track of health, when this is needed.
- Planning for times of emergency - for example an accident, when a dangerous material is spilled.
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:COSHH Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.