Charge facts for kids
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: charge.|
Charge could mean:
- Electric charge, the charge in electricity
- to take charge, or being in charge means to take or have authority and responsibility for decisions
- In firearms, to charge a weapon is to load it with a round and ready it for firing
- Charge (engine), the air or fuel/air mixture being fed into the intake in an internal combustion engine. Charge air usually refers to air that has not had fuel mixed with it.
- During the European Middle Ages, a charge (youth) often meant an underage person placed under the supervision of a nobleman
- Charge (warfare), a maneuver in battle where soldiers rush towards their enemy to engage in close combat
- In context of wartime operations, to charge with certain rights, such as guaranteeing persons held in custody are allowed those rights
- In money, a charge is any fee assessed, such as a charge for using an automatic teller machine (ATM), entering a museum, being late with a payment, etc.
- In basketball, a charge is an foul, called when an offensive player with the ball makes illegal contact with a defensive player who has legally established his position
- CHARGE syndrome, birth defects in children
- Charge card, similar to a credit card
- A pen spinning trick where the pen makes conic rotations between two fingers
Charge Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.