Chaude River (La Grande Rivière) facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsChaude River
|Native name||Rivière Chaude|
|Regional County Municipality||Kamouraska|
|Main source||Confluence of two forest streams
381 m (1,250 ft)
|River mouth||La Grande Rivière
153 m (502 ft)
|Length||22.1 km (13.7 mi)|
The Chaude River flows successively in the municipalities of Mont-Carmel, Saint-Gabriel-Lalemant and Saint-Onésime-d'Ixworth, in the MRC of Kamouraska Regional County Municipality, in the administrative region of Bas-Saint-Laurent, in the province of Quebec, in Canada .
The Chaude River rises at Lac Chaudière (length: 2.7 kilometres (1.7 mi); altitude: 381 metres (1,250 ft)) which is located in the municipality of Mont-Carmel in the heart of Notre Dame Mountains. This source is located 22.6 kilometres (14.0 mi) south-east of the south bank of the St. Lawrence River, 29.4 kilometres (18.3 mi) north-east of the village center from Sainte-Perpétue and 15.3 kilometres (9.5 mi) south-east of the village center of Mont-Carmel.
From its source, the Chaude river flows over 15.1 kilometres (9.4 mi), divided into the following segments:
- 1.4 kilometres (0.87 mi) south in Mont-Carmel, until the confluence of a stream (coming from the south) which drains the place called "La Plaine Molle";
- 1.0 kilometre (0.62 mi) towards the north-west, until the confluence of the watercourse designated "Tête de la Rivière Chaude" which rises at "Lac des Cinq Milles" and flows 12.6 kilometres (7.8 mi);
- 3.3 kilometres (2.1 mi) north-east, to the Canadian National railway;
- 3.3 kilometres (2.1 mi) westwards, to the limit between Saint-Gabriel-Lalemant;
- 2.0 kilometres (1.2 mi) west in Saint-Gabriel-Lalemant, to the limit of Saint-Onésime-d'Ixworth;
- 4.1 kilometres (2.5 mi) westwards, to its confluence.
The confluence of the river is located in the municipality of Saint-Onésime-d'Ixworth. This confluence is located 0.6 kilometres (0.37 mi) upstream from the covered bridge.
The toponym Chaude River was formalized on December 2, 1975, by the Commission de toponymie du Québec.
Chaude River (La Grande Rivière) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.