Fatshe leno la rona facts for kids
|English: Blessed Be This Noble Land|
|National anthem of||Botswana|
|Lyrics||Kgalemang Tumediso Motsete|
|Music||Kgalemang Tumediso Motsete|
"Blessed Be This Noble Land" is called "Fatshe leno la rona" in the Tswana language. It is the national anthem of Botswana. Kgalemang Tumediso Motsete wrote the lyrics (words) and composed the music of this song in 1962. Four years later when the country got its independence from the United Kingdom, this anthem was adopted.
Fatshe leno la rona
/fatsʰɪ lɪnʊ la rʊna/
- Blessed be this noble land,
- Gift to us from God's strong hand,
- Heritage our fathers left to us;
- May it always be at peace.
- Awake, awake, O men, awake!
- And women close beside them stand,
- Together we'll work and serve
- This land, this happy land!
- Work of beauty and of fame,
- The name Botswana to us came
- Through our unity and harmony,
- We'll remain at peace as one.
Images for kids
Fatshe leno la rona Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.