Kansas State Department of Education facts for kids
|State education agency overview|
|Formed||January 14, 1969|
|Preceding State education agency||
|Jurisdiction||State of Kansas|
|Headquarters||900 SW Jackson St, Topeka, KS 66612
|State education agency executive||
|Parent department||State of Kansas|
Kansas State Department Board of Education (KSDE) is Kansas's Board of Education. Its headquarters are in Topeka. The board of education that controls the department is a constitutional group created in Article 6 of the Kansas Constitution. The Board helps decide educational policy for the state's primary and secondary schools.
- Kester, D., & Kester, J. (1985). History of the Kansas State Department of Education. Topeka, KS: Kansas Department of Education.
- Throckmorton, A.F. (1967). Kansas Educational Progress: 1858-1967. Topeka, KS: Kansas State Department of Public Instruction.
- Throckmorton, Adel F. (1960). Our Kansas System of Education. Topeka, KS: Kansas State Department of Public Instruction.
- Yudhijit Bhattacharjee, Strategies Evolve as Candidates Prepare for Kansas Board Races. Science 3 February 2006 311: 588-589 DOI 10.1126/science.311.5761.588
- Yudhijit Bhattarcharjee, Evolution Trumps Intelligent Design in Kansas Vote. Science 11 August 2006 313: 743 DOI 10.1126/science.313.5788.743
- AAAS Board of Directors, On the Kansas State Board of Education Decision on the Education of Students in the Science of Evolution and Cosmology. Science 12 November 1999 286: 1297 DOI 10.1126/science.286.5443.1297b
- KGI Online Library
Kansas State Department of Education Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.