List of festivals in Buffalo, New York facts for kids
Like many large cities, numerous festivals have become part of the Buffalo's culture and tradition. Though most of the festivals occur during the summer months, the city has recently pushed efforts to have winter festivals as well in an effort to capitalize on the region's snowy reputation.
- Allentown Art Festival – Largest festival of the year on the second weekend of June in the city's Allentown neighborhood.
- Taste of Buffalo – One of the largest outdoor food festivals in the country.
- National Buffalo Wing Festival
- Elmwood Avenue Festival of the Arts
- Juneteenth Festival is an annual celebration of the freedom of slaves.
- Buffalo Ball Drop
- Buffalo Powder Keg Festival
Labatt Blue Pond Hockey
- Saint Patrick's Day Parades – In addition to the parade held in the downtown area on a Sunday either before or after March 17; the "Old Neighborhood" parade is held the day before in the southern part of Buffalo heavily populated by ethnic Irish residents where the first parades were originally held.
List of festivals in Buffalo, New York Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.