Marlock facts for kids
A marlock or moort is a shrubby or small-tree form of Eucalyptus found in Western Australia. Unlike the mallee, it is single-stemmed and lacks a lignotuber. It has a dense canopy of leaves which often extends to near ground level.
Marlock species include:
- Bald Island marlock (Eucalyptus conferruminata or Eucalyptus lehmannii)
- black marlock, black-barked marlock (Eucalyptus redunca)
- Comet Vale marlock ( Eucalyptus comitae-vallis)
- flowering marlock, long-flowered marlock, long-leaved marlock (Eucalyptus macrandra)
- forrest's marlock (Eucalyptus forrestiana)
- limestone marlock (Eucalyptus decipiens)
- Quoin Head marlock (Eucalyptus mcquoidii)
Moorts are a form of marlock with smooth, grey bark including the following species:
Marlock Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.