Piggie Pie facts for kids
Piggie Pie is a 1995 children's picture book by Margie Palatini.
Gritch the Witch wants to make one of her favorite meals - piggie pie - but she lacks the crucial ingredients of piggies. Heading to Old McDonald's Farm she attempts to find some piggies, but is foiled when the pigs dress up as various barnyard creatures and even Old McDonald. Foiled, she stumbles upon the Big Bad Wolf and the two head to Gritch's house each thinking they will eat the other for lunch.
Nominations & awards
- 1998-1999 Buckaroo Book Award nominee
- 1998 Bill Martin Jr. Picture Book Award
- 1998 Golden Sower Award nominee
- 1998 CRYM Award nominee
- 1997-1998 Black-Eyed Susan Book Award
- 1997-1998 Young Hoosier Award Nominee for K-3
- 1997 Mockingbird Award Winner
- 1997 Kentucky Bluegrass Award
- 1997 Red Clover Award
- 1997 Colorado Children's Book Award Winner
Piggie Pie Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.