Resisting arrest facts for kids
In some countries, resisting arrest is a criminal charge against a person who has ran away from a criminal offense.
What they did
A person resisting arrest has done, depending on the jurisdiction, at least one of the following acts:
- fleeing a police officer while being arrested
- threatening a police officer with physical violence while being arrested
- physically struggling to free oneself from being restrained (handcuffed or put into the police vehicle)
- attacking a police officer while being arrested
- providing an officer with false identification (either verbally or by presentation of a false official document, i.e. a fake ID)
The website Resisting Arrest stated that not all arrests are lawful and based upon probable cause. However, an attempt at resisting arrest can lead to additional charges.
Resisting arrest Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.