Shelf facts for kids
A shelf is a piece of furniture that is used for storing items.
It could also mean:
- Shelf (computing), a user interface feature in the NeXTSTEP operating system
- Shelf, West Yorkshire, a village in West Yorkshire, England
- Continental shelf, the extended perimeter of a continent, usually covered by shallow seas
- Ice shelf, a thick platform of ice floating on the ocean surface
- Light shelf A reflective element placed outside of a window to enhance room illumination by natural light
- Sulphur shelf, an edible mushroom
- Shelf cloud, a type of cloud associated with a thunderstorm gust front or cold front
- Shelf life, the length of time that perishable items are considered suitable for sale or consumption
- Shelf registration, a registration arrangement for the sale of securitiesde:Bauholz#Brett
Shelf Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.