Squamous cell carcinomas (SCCs), also known as epidermoid carcinomas, is made up of a number of different types of cancer that result from squamous cells.
These cells form on the surface of the skin, on the lining of hollow organs in the body, and on the lining of the respiratory and digestive tracts.
- Squamous cell skin cancer: A type of skin cancer
- Squamous-cell carcinoma of the lung: A type of lung cancer
- Squamous cell thyroid carcinoma: A type of thyroid cancer
- Esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: A type of esophageal cancer
- Squamous-cell carcinoma of the vagina: A type of vaginal cancer
Images for kids
A large head and neck squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue as seen on CT imaging
Adenoid squamous cell carcinoma
Basaloid squamous cell carcinoma
Clear-cell squamous cell carcinoma
Spindle-cell squamous cell carcinoma