Terminology facts for kids
Terminology is the study of terms and their use. Terminology studies the "labelling or designating of concepts" in one or more subject fields or areas of human activity. Terms are words and compound words that are used in specific contexts. Terminology studies among other things how such terms of art come to be and their interrelationships within a culture.
Work on terminology consists mainly of:
- analyzing the concepts in a field of activity
- identifying the terms given to the concepts
- establishing correspondences between terms in different languages
- putting the terminology onto a database
- creating new terms, as required
In Spanish: Terminología para niños
Terminology Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.