Titanic 2020 facts for kids
|Genre||Crime, young adult|
|19 July 2007|
|Media type||Print (Softcover)|
|Followed by||Titanic 2020: Cannibal City|
Titanic 2020 is the first novel of the Titanic 2020 series by Northern Irish author, Colin Bateman, published on 19 July 2007 through Hodder Children's Books.
The novel in based in the year 2020 and follows a stowaway named Jimmy Armstrong and his journey on the brand new and purportedly "unsinkable" cruise ship Titanic.
Jimmys great-grandfather was on the original RMS Titanic and drowned when it sank. During a school trip Jimmy misses his chance to see the newly built Titanic and so decides to return later that night to take a look by himself. The ship leaves port at this point, making Jimmy an unwitting stow-away on the ship's maiden voyage from Belfast to Miami. Discovered by a crew member, Jimmy is brought before the Captain and, given their distance from shore, is ordered to work his passage on the ship's newspaper, the Titanic Times. At the same time, an incurable disease is quickly spreading around the world resulting in widespread rioting and panic.
- Jimmy Armstrong - protagonist teenage stowaway
- Claire - spoilt daughter of the owner of the Titanic
- Scoop - editor of the Titanic Times
- Jeffers - first officer of the Titanic
- Pedroza - chef of the Titanic
- Captain Smith - captain of the Titanic
- Dr Hill - on board doctor of the Titanic
- Mr Stanford - owner of the Titanic and Claire's father
Titanic 2020 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.