Western Women's Hockey League facts for kids
The Western Women's Hockey League (WWHL) is an ice hockey league in North America. It was formed in 2004. The best female players in the world play in this league and in the National Women's Hockey League (NWHL). Some WWHL teams began in the NWHL. The Minnesota Whitecaps and the Manitoba Maple Leafs continue to be active teams and are playing a number of exhibition games as the league expands to include several new teams.
Teams in the WWHL
- Manitoba Maple Leafs
- Minnesota Whitecaps
- 2010-11 - Minnesota Whitecaps
- 2009-10 - Minnesota Whitecaps
- 2008-09 - Minnesota Whitecaps
- 2007-08 - Calgary Oval X-Treme
- 2006-07 - Calgary Oval X-Treme
- 2005-06 - Calgary Oval X-Treme
- 2004-05 - Calgary Oval X-Treme
Western Women's Hockey League Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.