Équateur facts for kids
Province de l'Équateur
|Country||Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|• Total||103,902 km2 (40,117 sq mi)|
|Population (2005 est.)|
|• Density||15.65519/km2 (40.54677/sq mi)|
The province of Équateur made in 1917 was much larger than today. Over time it had a number of border and name changes. In 2015 the new province was made from the old Équateur District together with the city of Mbandaka.
Équateur has seven territories:
- Bikoro Territory (Bukoro Territory) with the town of Bikoro
- Lukolela Territory with the town of Lukolela
- Basankusu Territory with the town of Basankusu
- Makanza Territory with the town of Makanza
- Bolomba Territory with the town of Bolomba
- Bomongo Territory with the town of Bomongo
- Ingende Territory with the town of Ingende
Équateur Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.