Agnès Desarthe facts for kids
Agnès Desarthe (b. 3 May 1966) is a French writer.
Desarthe was born 3 May 1966 in Paris. She is the daughter of the paediatrician and writer Aldo Naouri and married to moviemaker Dante Desarthe. Her brother is the opera singer Laurent Naouri. She studied English literature.
She started her career as a translator. In 1992, she published her first novel. She became a prolific writer of children's books. In 1996 she was awarded the Prix du Livre Inter for her second novel Un secret sans importance. Her most successful novel Mangez-moi has been translated into 15 languages. One of her more recent novels, Dans la nuit brune, received the Prix Renaudot des Lycéens in 2010. Her novels are published in France by Éditions de l'Olivier and in the UK by Portobello Books.
- Quelques minutes de bonheur absolu, 1993
- Tout ce qu'on ne dit pas, 1994
- Un secret sans importance, 1996
- Cinq photos de ma femme, 1998
- Les bonnes intentions, 2000
- Le principe de Frédelle, 2003
- Mangez-moi, 2006
- Le Remplaçant, 2009
- Dans la nuit brune, 2010
- Une partie de chasse, 2012
- Ce qui est arrivé aux Kempinski, 2014
- English translations
- The Scapegoat's Wife (Illustrated by Willi Glasauer), 1993
- The Expedition (Illustrated by Willi Glasauer), 1995
- Five Photos of My Wife, Flamingo, 2001 , short-listed for the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize
- Good Intentions, Flamingo, 2002 , English translation by Adriana Hunter.
- Chez Moi, 2009 , English translation by Adriana Hunter.
- The Foundling, 2012 , English translation by Adriana Hunter.
- Hunting Party, Unnamed Press, 2018 , English translation by Christiana Hills
Agnès Desarthe Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.