Aiko facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsAiko
|Variant form(s)||あいこ, アイコ|
Aiko (あいこ, アイコ) is a feminine Japanese given name.
Aiko or Ayko is also a traditional male given name in Scandinavia and especially northern Germany. In Germany it is considered one of the old "gentry names". It is a variation of the name Ekke or Eike. Ekke translates to "blade".
The meaning varies depending on the kanji used to write it. Several written forms include:
- 愛子 — Love, child, child of love
- 愛幸 — Love fortune.
- 葵子 — Hollyhock and child; the same kanji can be used to write Riko and Kiko as well as the more similar Aoko, Aoiko, and Ako.
- 藍子- Indigo, child.
Notable people with this name
- Aiko (singer) (愛子), a Japanese singer-songwriter
- Aiko, Princess Toshi (愛子内親王), a Japanese princess
- Aiko Anzai (安西愛子), a vocalist and politician
- Aiko Asano (浅野愛子), an actress and singer
- Aiko Dinale (愛子), a Japanese Italian Robot scientist
- Aiko Doden (道傳愛子), a news presenter
- Aiko Fukumorida (福盛田藍子), a manga artist
- Aiko Gibo (宜保愛子), an occultist
- Aiko Hayashi (林 愛子, born 1993), Japanese synchronized swimmer
- Aiko Iguchi (井口愛子), a pianist
- Aiko Ikuta (幾田愛子), a singer
- Aiko Itō (いとうあいこ), an actress
- Aiko Kaito (皆藤愛子), an announcer
- Aiko Kayo (嘉陽愛子), a pop singer
- Aiko Kitahara (novelist) (北原亞以子), a novelist
- Aiko Kitahara (singer) (北原愛子), a singer
- Aiko Klostermann, a German computer scientist
- Aiko Melendez, popular actress in the Philippines
- Aiko Mimasu (三益愛子), an actress
- Aiko Miyake (三宅愛子), a freestyle swimmer
- Aiko Miyamura (宮村 愛子, born 1971), Japanese badminton player
- Aiko Miyawaki (宮脇 愛子, 1929–2014), Japanese sculptor
- Aiko Moriyama (森山愛子), a singer
- Aiko Nakagawa, a street artist also known as Lady Aiko
- Aiko Nakamura (中村藍子), a professional tennis player
- Aiko Okumura (奥村愛子), a singer
- Aiko Onozawa (ja:小野沢 愛子), a Japanese former volleyball player
- Aiko Saito (齋藤 愛子, born 1958), Japanese sailor
- Aiko Satō (writer) (佐藤 愛子, born 1923), Japanese writer
- Aiko Sato (actress) (佐藤 藍子, born 1977), Japanese actress
- Aiko Sato (judoka) (佐藤 愛子, born 1983), Japanese judoka
- Aiko Shimajiri (島尻あい子), a politician
- Aiko Takahama (高浜愛子, born 1984), women's professional shogi player
- Aiko Uemura (上村愛子), a mogul skier
- Jhene Aiko, an American singer/songwriter
- Aiko, an anime-style 3D figure created by DAZ3D
- Aiko Senoo (妹尾 あいこ) (Mirabelle Haywood), a character in the shōjo anime Ojamajo Doremi
- Aiko Miyazaki (Honey Lemon), a Marvel Comics superhero associated with Big Hero 6, a Japanese team
- Aiko Tanaka (田中 愛子), a character and the primary love interest of the slice of life manga Oyasumi Punpun
- Aiko Takada, a character from the fantasy manga Elfen Lied
- Aiko Yumi, a Japanese college professor and a dateable character in the dating simulation videogame HuniePop
In Spanish: Aiko para niños
- All pages beginning with Aiko
- All pages with titles containing "Aiko"
- A.I.C.O. -Incarnation-, a 2018 Japanese original net animation produced by studio Bones
Aiko Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.