Anne Haney facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Anne Ryan Thomas
March 4, 1934
Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
|Died||May 26, 2001
|Other names||Anne T. Haney
|Spouse(s)||John Haney (19??–1980; his death)|
Anne Ryan Haney (née Thomas; March 4, 1934 – May 26, 2001) was an American stage and screen actress. She was best known for her roles in Mrs. Doubtfire and Liar Liar, as well as Alberta Meechum on the sitcom Mama's Family.
Haney was born to Robert Lee Thomas and Dorothy (née Ryan) Thomas in Memphis, Tennessee.
Haney began acting in 1970, appearing in commercials and in local theatrical productions in Atlanta, Jacksonville, and Norfolk, Virginia.
Haney appeared in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Survivors" as Rishon Uxbridge, and later appeared as a Bajoran arbitrator in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Dax". She was a regular guest-star during the syndicated run of Mama's Family, playing Alberta Meechum, the nemesis of Thelma Harper. On Our House she played fussy neighbour Virginia Taft. She was also a recurring cast member of L.A. Law, playing Judge Marilyn Travelini. She guest starred on Benson, Cheers, Designing Women, The Golden Girls, Charmed, Boy Meets World, Columbo, ER, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Ally McBeal. In 1993, she was cast as Mrs. Sellner in Mrs. Doubtfire. Four years later, she played Greta in Liar Liar.
She was married to John Haney, a public television executive whom she met at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she had been studying drama, radio, and television. They had a daughter.
Haney died of congestive heart failure, aged 67, at her home in Los Angeles on May 26, 2001.
- Hopscotch (1980) – Mrs. Myerson
- The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia (1981) – Waitress
- The Children Nobody Wanted (1981, made-for-television) – Mrs. Lightheart
- Some Kind of Hero (1982) – Monica Lewis
- Frances (1982) – Hairdresser
- Cheers (1982) – Miss Gilder
- The Osterman Weekend (1983) – Honeymoon Bride
- Benson (1984) - as the Nun
- Impulse (1984) – Mrs. Piersall
- The Night They Saved Christmas (1984) – Hedda
- The Bad Seed (1985) – Alice Fern
- Lime Street (1985) – Evelyn Camp
- Malice in Wonderland (1985) – Dema's Secretary
- Mr. Belvedere (1985, Episode "Sweet Charity") – Molly
- The Best of Times (1986) – Marcy
- The Golden Girls (1986) – Bonnie
- Blind Justice (1986) – Jim's mother
- The Twilight Zone (1986, Episode "The Toys of Caliban") – Mary Ross
- Cold Steel (1987) – Anna Modine
- Our House (1988) – Virginia Taft
- Elvis and Me (1988) – Grandma Minnie Mae Presley
- Beauty and the Beast Episode "Dead of Winter" (1988) - Tamara
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1989) – Rishon Uxbridge
- Quantum Leap (1991, Episode "A Single Drop of Rain") – Grace Beaumont
- Northern Exposure (1992) – Judge Elizabeth Percy
- The Golden Palace (1992) – Vivian
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993) – Renora
- Mrs. Doubtfire (1993) – Mrs. Sellner
- The American President (1995) – Mrs. Chapil
- Mother (1996) – Helen
- NYPD Blue (1996, Episode "Head Case") – Mrs. Reese
- Liar Liar (1997) – Greta
- Changing Habits (1997) – Sister Humiliata
- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997) – Margaret Williams
- The Lesser Evil (1998) – Derek's Mother
- Psycho (1998) – Mrs. Chambers
- Forces of Nature (1999) – Emma
- The Out-of-Towners (1999) – Woman in Bathroom
- Charmed (2000, Episode "How to Make a Quilt Out of Americans") – Aunt Gail
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000, Episode "Ted and Mary") – Mary's Mother (final appearance)
In Spanish: Anne Haney para niños
Anne Haney Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.