Axur, Re d'Ormus facts for kids
Axur, re d'Ormus ("Axur, king of Ormus") is an Italian opera in five acts. The music was written by Antonio Salieri. The libretto was written by Lorenzo da Ponte. The opera was first performed at the Burgtheater in Vienna on 8 January 1788. It was a great success.
- Axur, King of Ormus - baritone
- Arteneo, High Priest of Brahma - baritone
- Atar, a soldier - tenor
- Aspasia, Atar's wife - soprano
- Altamor, a soldier, Arteneo's son - bass
- 1989: Andrea Martin (Axur), Massimo Valentini (Arteneo), Curtis Rayam (Atar), Eva Mei (Aspasia), Michele Porcelli (Altamor); Coro "Guido d'Arezzo", Russian Philharmonic Orchestra, Rene Clemencic - (Nuova Era)
- 1994: Giuseppe Morino (Axur), Armando Ariostini (Arteneo), Giuseppe Morino (Atar), Alessandra Ruffini (Aspasia), Maurizio Scarfeo (Altamor); Coro e Orchestra dell'Arena di Verona, Istvan Dénes - (House of Opera, DVD)
- The Complete Dictionary of Opera & Operetta, James Anderson, Wings Books, 1993.
Images for kids
Axur, Re d'Ormus Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.