Baguazhang facts for kids
Sun Lu-t'ang circle-walking
|Also known as||Bāguà quăn, Bāguà zhăng, Pakua chang, Pa-kua chang|
|Country of origin||China|
|Creator||Dong Haichuan 董海川 (attributed)|
Bāguàzhǎng is one of the major Chinese martial arts of the Wudang school. It is also one of the three main internal styles, or Neijia. Bāguà zhǎng means "eight trigram palm," according to the trigrams of the Yijing (I Ching), one of the canons of Taoism.
- Ba gua—the eight trigrams, used as guiding principles for baguazhang.
- Yijing—the Taoist classic examining the movement of the eight trigrams.
- Feng shui—the metaphysical system of interior design based on the bagua.
- Robert W. Smith, Chinese Boxing, ISBN: 1-55643-085-X
- Bok Nam, Park & Dan Miller, The Fundamentals of Pa Kua Chang: The Methods of Lu Shui-T'ien As Taught by Park Bok Nam., ISBN: 0-86568-173-2
- Shou-Yu, Liang, Baguazhang : Emei Baguazhang Theory and Applications, ISBN: 0-940871-30-0
- O'Brien, Jess, Nei Jia Quan: Internal Martial Arts Teachers of Tai Ji Quan, Xing Yi Quan, and Ba Gua Zhang ISBN: 1-55643-506-1
- Frantzis, Bruce Kumar, The Power of Internal Martial Arts: Combat Secrets of Ba Gua, Tai Chi, and Hsing-I ISBN: 1-55643-253-4
- Mason, Tom and Danko,Dan. The Lost Scrolls:Air. New York: Simon & Schuster,2007
- Lao xie Christopher Lee matsuo 'The heart of bagua8 powers', 'silk reeling palm','kunlun baguazhang 102', 'dragongatesanctuary.com
- Ray Carbullido 'Foundations of baguazhang mastery' 'the sword within the sword'
- Lao Xie Christopher Lee Matsuo 'Interviews with lao xie' conducted by hikaru ono in honolulu, Hawaii
Images for kids
Internalist Zhang Zhaodong, also known as Zhang Zhankui.
Baguazhang Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.