Quick facts for kidsBathytoma murdochi
- Bathytoma murdochi murdochi (Finlay, 1930)
- Bathytoma (Micantapex) murdochi murdochi, Beu & Maxwell 1990
- Micantapex finlayi Powell, 1940
- Pleurotoma tuberculata Kirk 1882 (preoccupied, replaced by Pleurotoma (Hemipleurotoma) nodilirata Murdoch & Suter 1906)
- Pleurotoma (Hemipleurotoma) nodilirata Murdoch & Suter 1906 (also preoccupied; replaced by Bathytoma murdochi Finlay 1930)
Bathytoma murdochi is a recent and fossil species of sea snail, a marine gastropod mollusk in the family Borsoniidae.
This marine species occurs off New Zealand and Tasmania
The height of the biconic shell varies between 23 mm and 27 mm.