Björn Dunkerbeck facts for kids
Björn Dunkerbeck (born 16 July 1969) is a professional windsurfer who has won the Professional Windsurfers Association (PWA) Overall World Championships a record 41 times.
Dunkerbeck is the son of a Dutch father and a Danish mother, but sailed under the number E-11, as he grew up in the volcanic archipelago of Canary Islands in Spain. He dominated the late 1980s and the entire 1990s professional scene, especially in racing, but was also a champion in wavesailing. He currently sails under the Swiss flag (SUI-11).
Both he and his sister Britt have held records for the World Sailing Speed Record Council Nautical Mile.
- Overall World Champion (1988–1999)
- Race World Champion (1988–1999) and 2011
- Wave World Champion (1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1999, 2001)
- Freestyle World Champion (1998)
- Speed World Champion (1994)
Björn Dunkerbeck Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.