Bottle tree facts for kids
The bottle tree is a plant that has adapted to hot climates, such as the desert. They are called bottle trees because the shape of their trunk is a bottle shape. There are several different species including:
- Adansonia species, the baobabs;
- Adansonia gregorii (the boab)
- Pachypodium lealii, (Apocynaceae), the bottle tree of Namibia and Angola;
- The genus Moringa, (Moringaceae), of Madagascar;
- Brachychiton species, (Malvaceae), of Australia;
- Ceiba species, the floss silk tree or palo borracho of South America.
Bottle tree Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.