Centre (British spelling) or center (U.S. spelling) means the middle of something.
The word "centre" often means places or buildings where an activity takes place. Common examples are:
- a town centre or city centre
- a shopping centre is a place with lots of shops.
- a sports centre is where people go to use sports facilities, such as squash courts, and swimming pools.
- a centre (ice hockey), the position used in ice hockey
- a Center (American football), the position used in American football
- Centre, the former name of Centre-Val de Loire, an administrative region of France
- Centre Department, the department of Haiti
Centre Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.