Central Coast bus routes facts for kids
Central Coast bus routes connect most urban areas of the New South Wales Central Coast with regular bus services. The network is controlled by the New South Wales Government's transport authority, Transport for NSW, and is part of the authority's Opal ticketing system.
Routes are operated by Busways, Red Bus and Coastal Liner as shown below.
Red Bus routes
Red Bus Services covers Sydney Outer Metropolitan Bus System Contracts region 7.
- 15 Bay Village to Tuggerah via Berkeley Vale
- 16 The Entrance to Wyong via Long Jetty, Berkeley Vale & Chittaway Bay
- 17 The Entrance North to Gosford via Long Jetty & Bateau Bay
- 18 The Entrance to Gosford via Long Jetty & Tumbi Umbi
- 19 Wyong to Gosford via Erina Fair, Tumbi Umbi, Bay Village & Tuggerah
- 20 Gosford Loop via Erina Fair, Holgate & Matcham
- 21 The Entrance North to Gosford via Long Jetty, Bay Village, Bateau Bay & Erina Fair
- 22 The Entrance to Gosford via Long Jetty, Killarney Vale, Bay Village, Bateau Bay & Erina Fair
- 23 The Entrance to Gosford via Toowoon Bay, Bay Village, Tumbi Umbi & Erina Fair
- 24 The Entrance to Wyong via Bay Village & Tuggerah
- 25 The Entrance to Wyong via Bay Village & Tuggerah
- 26 The Entrance to Wyong via Bay Village, Killarney Vale, Berkeley Vale & Tuggerah
- 27 Chittaway Bay to Wyong via Tuggerah
- 28 The Entrance to Gosford via Long Jetty, Bay Village, Tumbi Umbi, Erina Fair & Springfield
- 29 Bay Village to Wyong Hospital via The Entrance, Toukley & Lake Haven
- 30 Tuggerah to Tacoma South via Wyong
- 40 Gosford Loop via North Gosford
- 41 Free Gosford Shuttle via West Gosford
- 42 Gosford Loop via Point Frederick
- 43 Springfeld to Gosford via East Gosford
- 44 Erina Fair to Gosford via Spingfeld & East Gosford
- 45 Mingara Recreation Club to Bay Village
- 47 Bay Village to Wyong via Ourimbah, Kangy Angy & Tuggerah
- 48 Bay Village Loop via Forresters Beach
Ticketing and fares
The bus network uses the smartcard-based Opal ticketing system. Opal is also valid on train services in the area but separate fares apply. Opal's bus fares are the same as those for Sydney's light rail. Bus drivers also sell non-smartcard Opal single trip tickets. The single trip tickets are more expensive than the standard Opal fare. They are only valid for travel on the bus service on which they are purchased. The following table lists Opal fares for reusable smartcards and single trip tickets:
|Bus or light rail||0–3 km||3–8 km||8 km+|
|Adult single trip||$2.60||$4.20||$5.40|
|Child/Youth single trip||$1.30||$2.10||$2.70|
Card fares as of 4 January 2015. Single trip fares as of 5 September 2016.
Central Coast bus routes Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.