Clarissa facts for kids
The name Clarissa is a female given name. It comes from the German name Clarice. Clarice, in turn, comes from the Latin word Clarus, which means "bright, clear or famous". Clarissa also has a Greek origin, meaning "brilliant".
People with the name include Clara Barton, who was born Clarissa Harlowe Barton.
- Clarissa Davis (b. 1967), American coach and Women's Basketball hall-of-famer
- Clarissa Dickson Wright (1947-2014), English celebrity chef
- Clarissa Eden, Countess of Avon (b. 1920)
- Clarissa Pinkola Estés (b. 1945), American poet
- Clarissa, Minnesota, a small city in the United States
- 302 Clarissa, an asteroid
- Clarissa (film), a 1941 German film
- Clarissa Explains It All, a U.S. television sitcom
- Clarissa (TV series), a British television drama series
Clarissa Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.