Displacement facts for kids
Displacement is a word. It means that something is moved. More specifically, this movement can be:
- A displacement vector, from the original position to the current one.
- A special move in fencing to avoid an attack.
- Forced migration - people having to move to somewhere else, because of violence, war, or another reason.
- Displacement (surgery) - When a bone is broken, this refers to moving around the different parts of the broken bone.
- Displacement (psychology) - A subconscious defense reaction.
- Displacement (ship) - the amount of water a ship displaces when it floats.
Displacement Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.