Emuna Elon facts for kids
Emuna Elon was born in 1955 in Jerusalem, the daughter of rabbi and professor Pinchas Hacohen Peli and his wife Pnina. She was raised in Jerusalem and New York, lived for many years in the Israeli settlement of Beit El, and currently lives in Jerusalem. She was married to the late Rabbi Binyamin Elon, a former Knesset member, and is the mother of six children. The name Emuna means faith.
From 1991 to 2005, she wrote a column in Yedioth Ahronoth, Israel's largest newspaper, where she advocated the separation of Judaism and politics.
She has written novels for adults and children, as well as non-fiction books. Some of her novels have been translated into English. "If You Awaken Love", was her first novel translated into English. It was a finalist for the 2007 National Jewish Book Award).
- Leftsock, 2007 (children's novel)
- If You Awaken Love, London/New Milford, AmazonCrossing, 2007
- Beyond My Sight, Kinneret, Zmora-Bitan, 2012
- Only When I Close My Eyes, Kinneret, Zmora-Bitan, 2015
- House on Many Waters, Kinneret, Zmora-Bitan, 2016
- Sonja's Zoom, Amsterdam/Antwerpen, Uitgeverij Atlas Contact, 2018
Emuna Elon Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.