- This page was last modified on 8 April 2021, at 17:09.
Ernst & Young Tower (Cleveland) facts for kids
|Ernst & Young Tower|
|Lua error in Module:Infobox_mapframe at line 118: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|Former names||Flats East Bank Tower|
|Location||950 Main Street Cleveland, Ohio 44113 United States|
|Roof||100.5 m (330 ft)|
|Floor area||480,000 sq. ft.|
|Design and construction|
The Ernst & Young Tower (EYTC) is a skyscraper in downtown Cleveland, Ohio that stands on the east bank of the Flats completed in 2013. It is an example of post-modern glass curtain and steel studded construction. The building rises 23 stories to a height of 330 feet (100 m) and offers 480,000 square feet (45,000 m2) of office space. The major tenant is the London-based accounting firm of Ernst & Young which moved from its offices in the iconic Huntington Bank Building at East 9th Street and Euclid Avenue (Cleveland) to its new namesake tower in 2013. Ernst & Ernst was established in 1903 in Cleveland. Young & Co. was founded in Chicago in 1906. These two giant accounting firms merged in 1989 to create Ernst & Young, which still dominates the field.
The building is also the Cleveland office of these law firms: Cleveland-based Tucker Ellis, Zashin & Rich, and Columbus, Ohio-based Porter Wright Morris Arthur. In addition to these major tenants the tower is home to the Cleveland-based metal chemical company OM Group, and is the Cleveland office of San Francisco-based financial corporation Wells Fargo The EYTC is attached to an Aloft Hotels-branded hotel. The hotel has a 150 guest rooms and the W XYZ bar.
List of tenants
(as of August 2018)
- Ernst & Young (Top six floors)
- Porter Wright Morris Arthur (Cleveland office HQ)
- Tucker Ellis (Headquarters)
- Zashin & Rich (Cleveland office HQ)
- OM Group (World Headquarters)
- Wells Fargo (regional Cleveland office)
- McKinsey & Company (Cleveland HQ)
- Gilbane Building Co. (Cleveland Construction HQ)
- Winter | Trimacco Co., LPA (Cleveland office)