Grid facts for kids
Grid may mean:
Meaning an array of squares or rectangles:
- Grid plan, a city plan in which streets run at right angles to form a grid
- Grid reference, a standard method for the location of a point on a map.
- Grid view or datagrid, a graphical user interface element that presents a tabular view of data
- Grid graph, in graph theory
- Grid in typography and page layout: planning a page using a grid of different-sized and -shaped rectangles on computer software
- Grid (spatial index), a method for organizing information, e.g. in a database
In science, mathematics and technology:
- Electrical grid:
- Electric power transmission, a long-distance high-voltage network for power transmission
- Off-the-grid, living without public utility
- Grid computing, computing model that provides the ability to perform higher throughput computing
- Mesh (mathematics) or a regular grid or unstructured grid .
- Grid, a village in Pârâu Commune, Braşov County, Romania
- Grid, a village in the town of Călan, Hunedoara County, Romania
In popular culture:
- The Grid, a late eighties/early nineties electronic dance group
- The Grid (arcade game), an arcade game released in 2001.
- The Grid (TV series), a television series produced in 2004
- Grid (album), the eighth original album by the Japanese band M.O.V.E
- Grid (computer manufacturer), a laptop manufacturer in the 1980s
- Grid (Jotun), a giantess in Norse mythology
- Grid (metaphysics) That which binds all of the metaverses and their contents together
GRID may stand for:
- BioGRID, a database of biological interactions hosted at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto, Canada
- Gay related immune deficiency (GRID), a name for AIDS until 1982
- Global Release Identifier (GRid)
- Group for Rural India Development (GRID)
- GRID, the short-hand name for an ESRI GRID file
Grid Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.