Jack Hogan facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Richard Roland Benson Jr.
November 24, 1929
(m. 1967; div. 1980)
Jack Hogan (born Richard Roland Benson Jr.; November 24, 1929) is an American retired actor. He is most notable for the role of PFC William G. Kirby on the 1960s television show Combat!
Born in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Hogan was an architecture student in college before joining the Air Force, where he became a staff sergeant during the Korean War. After he returned to civilian life, he studied drama at the Pasadena Playhouse and in New York. He worked part-time as a lifeguard until he gained the role on Combat. He portrayed Sgt. Jerry Miller on the NBC-TV crime drama Adam-12. In addition to acting, he was a casting director for Magnum, P.I. and operated a building business.
Hogan married Barbara Bates (not to be confused with actress Barbara Bates).
- Man from Del Rio (1956)
- The Bonnie Parker Story (1958)
- Paratroop Command (1959)
- The Legend of Tom Dooley (1959)
- The Cat Burglar (1961)
- Harbor Command (1957)
- Tombstone Territory Episode "Ride Out at Noon" (1957)
- Sea Hunt (1958–1959)
- Rifleman (1959) (Sea. 1, Ep. 36)
- Bat Masterson (1959) (Sea. 1, Ep. 34) as Jack and (Sea. 2, Ep. 1) as Stuart Chancellor
- Laramie (1959) (Sea. 1 Ep. 9)
- Ripcord, episode "Radar Rescue", (1961)
- Lawman (1961) The Juror
- Bat Masterson (1961) (Sea. 3, Ep. 26) "Ledger if Guilt" as Marshall Johnny Dillon
- Rifleman (1962)
- Combat! (1962–1967) (112 ep.)
- Garrison's Gorillas (1968)
- Hawaii Five-O (1973)
- Hawaii Five-O (1974)
- Houston, We've Got a Problem (1974)
- Sierra (1974)
- Hawaii Five-O (1975)
- The Specialists (1975)
- Mobile One (1975)
- Jake and the Fatman (1989–1990)
In Spanish: Jack Hogan para niños
Jack Hogan Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.