Jeeves facts for kids
Jeeves is a well-known children´s book series written by British author PG Wodehouse. They star Jeeves, the genius butler of Bertie Wooster, a rich, spoiled man in his twenties. The last Jeeves book, Aunts Aren´t Gentlemen, was written in 1974. The first Jeeves book, Extricating Young Gussie, was a short story written in 1915.
Reginald Jeeves is the butler of Bertie Wooster. He is extremely intelligent and strategic, but disagrees with Bertie on this such as clothes and furniture.
Bertie Wooster (official name Bertram Willoughby Wooster) is a carefree, wealthy young man living in London with his valet Jeeves.
Aunt Dahlia is Bertie´s ¨good aunt¨, and is quite jovial. She often jokingly insults Bertie. She also uses her chef, Anatole, as a threat for Bertie to help her when she needs it.
Madeline Bassett is (according to Bertie Wooster) a droopy girl, first mentioned in Right Ho, Jeeves. She was formerly engaged to Bertie but is later enaged to Bertie´s friend, Gussie Fink-Nottle.
Sir Roderick Glossop.
Sir Roderick is a forceful personality. He is a nerve specialist (or, as Wooster calls him, the loony doctor) and the father of Honoria Glossop, to whom Bertie was once engaged. Bertie and Sir Roderick are often att odds, but following the events of Thank You, Jeeves, become good friends.
A List of Books.
- Thank You, Jeeves
- Code of the Woosters
- Right Ho, Jeeves (published in 1934)
- Joy in the Morning (published in 1947)
- Jeeves and the Feudal Sprit
- Stiff Upper Lip, Jeeves
- The Mating Season
- Aunts Aren´t Gentlemen (published in 1974, and the last Jeeves book)
- A collection of 34 short stories
|*There may be Jeeves books that are missing from this list. If possible, please add them.|
|**The 34 short stories were published in several collections not mentioned in this list.
The Jeeves books were well-received.
Gallery Of Short Stories
Below is a list of both the Jeeves short stories, as well as images from them.
- Jeeves Takes Charge
- Episode of the Dog McIntosh
- The Love That Purifies
- Bingo and the Little Woman
- The Purity Of The Turf
- The Great Sermon Handicap
- The Delayed Exit Of Claude and Eustace
- Jeeves Makes An Omelette
- Jeeves and the Greasy Bird
- Bertie Changes His Mind
- Jeeves Takes Charge
- Fixing It For Freddie
- The Great Metropolitan Touch
- Sir Roderick Comes To Lunch
- Jeeves and the Chump Cyril
- Jeeves and the Hard-boiled Egg
- Jeeves and the Unbidden Guest
- Jeeves In The Springtime
- Scoring Off Jeeves
- Aunt Agatha Takes The Count
- The Artistic Career of Old Corky
- Comrade Bingo
- The Aunt And The Sluggard
- The Rummy Affair Of Old Biffy
- Without the Option
- Clustering Round Young Bingo
- Jeeves and the Impending Doom
- The Inferiority Complex Of Old Sippy
- The Ordeal of Young Tuppy
- Jeeves and the Song of Songs
- Indian Summer of An Uncle
- Jeeves and the Kid Clementina
- The Spot of Art
- Jeeves and the Old School Chum
Jeeves Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.