Kankō facts for kids
Kankō (寛弘code: ja is deprecated ) was a Japanese era name (年号,code: ja is deprecated , nengō,, lit. "year name") after Chōhō and before Chōwa. This period started in July 1004 and ended in December 1012. The reigning emperors were Ichijō-tennō (一条天皇code: ja is deprecated ) and Sanjō-tennō (三条天皇code: ja is deprecated ).
Events of the Kankō Era
- 17 March 1008 (Kankō 5, 8th day of the 2nd month): The former-Emperor Kazan died at the age of 41.
- 16 July 1011 (Kankō 8, 13th day of the 6th month): In the 5th year of Emperor Ichijō's reign, he abdicated; and the succession (senso) was received by his cousin. Soon after, Emperor Sanjō's role as monarch was confirmed in ceremonies (sokui).
- 25 July 1011 (Kankō 8, 22nd day of the 6th month ): Former-Emperor Ichijo died at the age of 32.
- 21 November 1011 (Kankō 8, 24th day of the 10th month): Former-Emperor Reizei died at age 62.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō:
Kankō Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.