Kolding facts for kids
Kolding is a Danish seaport found at the head of Kolding Fjord in Region Syddanmark (Region of Southern Denmark). Kolding is a transportation, commercial, and manufacturing centre, and has many industrial companies.
With a population of 86,000 inhabitants, Kolding is the seventh largest in Denmark.
Battles of Kolding
The fireworks accident in Seest
Important places in Kolding
- The Museet på Koldinghus, the museum of the city. It has a collection of Danish art from the late Middle Ages to the 1940s, and a very large collection of items in gold and silver.
- The Trapholt art museum.
- The Designskolen Kolding, a university school of design
The following cities are sisters of Kolding:
- Anjo, Japan (since 1997)
- Delmenhorst, Germany (since 1979)
- Drammen, Norway (since 1946)
- Huéscar, Spain (since 1982)
- Lappeenranta, Finland (since 1947)
- Panevėžys, Lithuania (since 2000)
- Pisa, Italy (since 2007)
- Stykkishólmur, Iceland (since 1979)
- Szombathely, Hungary (since 1991)
- Örebro, Sweden (since 1946)
Images for kids
Kolding Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.