Quick facts for kids
Legoland Discovery Center Boston
||598 Assembly Row, Somerville, Massachusetts, USA
||Family Entertainment Center
Legoland Discovery Center Boston is an indoor family entertainment center located in the Assembly Square neighborhood of Somerville, Massachusetts, near Boston. The popular attraction includes Lego rides, a soft play area, a 4D cinema and a gift shop. It also contains a mini Lego version of Boston, including mini replicas of the Gillette Stadium and Fenway Park. Legoland Discovery Center Boston is owned and operated by leisure group Merlin Entertainments.
Lego bricks were invented by Danish carpenter Ole Kirk Kristiansen in 1958. The Lego employees were often interrupted by visitors who wanted to see what they could build with Lego bricks. So one day someone came up with the idea to build a park where visitors could build with the bricks. The first Legoland Discovery Center was opened in Berlin in 2007, and since then a total of 12 Legoland Discovery Centers have been opened. Legoland Discovery Center Boston opened in 2014.
Rides and attractions
- Lego Factory Tour where visitors can learn how Lego bricks are made
- Lego 4D Cinema showing 4D films featuring popular Lego characters throughout the day
- Kingdom Quest Laser Ride where visitors must zap the ogres, rats and cats and keep an eye out for treasure chests!
- A Lego replica of the local area in Miniland
- An area where visitors can build and test Lego Racers
- Merlin's Apprentice Ride where visitors can pedal to lift off the ground and look over the rest of Legoland Discovery Center Boston
- Lego City: Play Zone featuring climbing walls, slides, and a jungle gym
- Lego Master Builder Academy offering classes with Legoland Discovery Center's Master Model Builders
- The Legoland Discovery Center Shop with over 900 products
- Lego Duplo Farm containing Duplo bricks to build with plus larger soft play bricks
- Visitors can build a Lego tower and test its strength on the Earthquake Tables
- Lego Friends Olivia's House where visitors can play in Olivia's kitchen, sing karaoke, and build with Lego bricks
- Café serving food, drinks and snacks
- Birthday Rooms for exclusive use as part of Legoland Discovery Center's Party Package