Legoland Discovery Center Kansas City is an indoor family entertainment center located in the Crown Center in Kansas City, Missouri. The attraction includes Lego rides, a soft play area, a 4D cinema and a gift shop. LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Kansas City is owned and operated by the British leisure group Merlin Entertainments.
LEGO® bricks were invented by Danish carpenter Ole Kirk Kristiansen in 1958. The LEGO® employees were often interrupted by visitors who wanted to see what they could build with LEGO bricks. So one day someone came up with the idea to build a park where visitors could build with the bricks. The first Legoland Discovery Center was opened in Berlin in 2007, and since then a total of 12 LEGOLAND® Discovery Centers have been opened. LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Kansas City was opened in 2012.
Rides & Attractions
- LEGO® Factory Tour where visitors can learn how LEGO bricks are made
- LEGO® 4D Cinema showing 4D films featuring popular LEGO characters throughout the day
- Kingdom Quest Laser Ride where visitors must zap the ogres, rats and cats and keep an eye out for treasure chests!
- A LEGO replica of the local area in MINILAND®
- Merlin’s Apprentice Ride where visitors can pedal to lift off the ground and look over the rest of Legoland Discovery Center Kansas City
- LEGO® Master Builder Academy offering classes with LEGOLAND® Discovery Center's Master Model Builders
- The LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Shop with over 900 products
- DUPLO® Village featuring a play slide, large animal models, and DUPLO bricks to build with
- Visitors can build a LEGO tower and test its strength on the Earthquake Tables
- Opportunity to meet the five LEGO® Friends- Stephanie, Olivia, Andrea, Mia, and Emma- build a LEGO microphone, and perform on the karaoke stage
- Café serving food, drinks and snacks
- Birthday Rooms for exclusive use as part of LEGOLAND® Discovery Center's Party Package
- LEGO® City Play Zone featuring the Fire Academy, Coastguard Tower, and Construction Site