List of roads in Grand Forks, North Dakota facts for kids
This is a list of major roads in the city of Grand Forks, North Dakota.
In Grand Forks, roads that run from north to south are traditionally called "streets" and roads that run from east to west are traditionally called "avenues." Streets are numbered in blocks west of the Red River. Avenues are numbered in blocks north or south of Demers Avenue (the city's historic dividing route adjacent to the rail yards).
Major east-west roads
Note: Roads are listed from north to south. Description in parentheses indicates general nature of corridor.
- Gateway Drive (US 2, Grand Forks International Airport, Ralph Engelstad Arena, northern border of UND, commercial/industrial)
- Sixth Avenue North (residential, UND, Ralph Engelstad Arena)
- University Avenue (University of North Dakota, residential, central business district)
- Demers Avenue (commercial/industrial, central business district, Sorlie Memorial Bridge)
- 13th Avenue South (residential collector, Altru Health System)
- 17th Avenue South (residential, Red River High School)
- 24th Avenue South (residential collector, Columbia Mall)
- 32nd Avenue South (US 81 Business, heavy retail, commercial, residential in eastern sections, Columbia Mall, Grand Forks Marketplace Mall)
- 40th Avenue South (residential collector)
- 47th Avenue South (residential, southern city limits, developing)
Former road names
Note: name in bold is current name and name in italics is former name
- First Avenue North - Alpha Avenue
- Second Avenue North - International Avenue
- University Avenue - Selkirk Avenue and later Third Avenue North
- Fourth Avenue North - Cheyenne Avenue
- Fifth Avenue North - Dakota Avenue
- Sixth Avenue North - Ione Avenue
- Seventh Avenue North - Hill Avenue
- Eighth Avenue North - Griggs Avenue
- Ninth Avenue North - River Avenue
- Gateway Drive - Skidmore Avenue
List of roads in Grand Forks, North Dakota Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.