Little Red Tractor facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsLittle Red Tractor
|Genre||Children's television series|
|Created by||Colin Reeder|
|Voices of||Stephen Tompkinson
|Theme music composer||Michael Cross
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||4|
|No. of episodes||75|
|Running time||10 minutes per episode (approx.)|
|Production company(s)||Little Entertainment Company
TRACK Productions Limited
|Picture format||HDTV (2004–2007)|
|Original release||5 January 2004– 29 April 2007|
Little Red Tractor is a British children's television series co-produced by the Little Entertainment Company and Entertainment Rights. The ten-minute episodes were broadcast in the UK by the BBC on the CBeebies channel.
The series is produced using stop motion model animation and features unusually detailed sets and models. It features the voices of Stephen Tompkinson and Derek Griffiths. The characters are based on the books by Colin Reeder, which were narrated for video in the mid 1990s by Brian Glover and Richard Briers. It is mainly aimed at an audience at elementary school.
The characters of the series are:
- Stan – Little Red Tractor's driver and constant companion. Stan lives at Gosling Farm, and keeps 2 cows Daisy and Veronica, and 2 pigs. He is voiced by Stephen Tompkinson.
- Little Red Tractor (leader) – a small, old but reliable farm tractor, mute but capable of expressing emotions. Stan restored him to his as new condition. He resembles Tom from Tractor Tom.
- Patch – is Stan's dog.
- Mr. Jones – Stan's neighbor and owner of Big Blue Tractor and Harvey. He often appears selfish, materialistic or otherwise antisocial, but tends to be socially inept or smug rather than actually unpleasant. His full name is Mr. Jasper Jones and he lives at Beech Farm. He is voiced by Derek Griffiths.
- Big Blue Tractor (co-leader) – a large, up-to-date farm tractor owned by Mr. Jones. Has no anthropomorphic traits, but can blow his horn by himself. He resembles Travis from Bob the Builder.
- Harvey – Combine harvester owned by Mr. Jones but sometimes borrowed by Stan. He resembles Wheezy from Tractor Tom.
- Thomas – Mr. Jones' nephew who comes to stay at Beech farm with him on occasion since Mr. Jones' sister moved back from the city to the country. Thomas is learning to like the country life which he initially thought was smelly, dirty and not as good as computer games.
- Stumpy – the miller. Friendly and mildly eccentric. Drives his quadbike, "Nipper" very badly. Stumpy plays in Walters band.
- Elsie – She is Stumpy's wife.
- Nipper – a quadbike ridden by Stumpy. He resembles Buzz from Tractor Tom and Scrambler from Bob the Builder.
- Ryan – Child neighbour of Stan. He and his sister like to play with Little Red Tractor and help out.
- Amy – Ryan's sister.
- Mr Turvey – Ryan and Amy's father. He likes to run and plays keyboards in Walters band.
- Mrs Turvey – Ryan and Amy's mother. She likes to paint and does arts and crafts.
- Walter – Runs the Babblebrook garage and likes to play rock and roll. Walter is easily led astray. Walter is lead singer and plays the guitar for his band called Walter and the Wolverines.
- Nicola – Walter's daughter who also runs the garage. She tends to be far more sensible than her father. Nicola also plays an instrument in her fathers band.
- Leo – Walter's nephew, becomes a friend of Ryan and Amy. He is a more than competent drummer who Stands in for Nicola in Walter's Band.
- Sparky – Tow truck which Nicola and Walter drive.
- Rusty – Walter's unreliable car and restoration project. Breaks down regularly.
The Big Bang
The Gold Cup
Little Red Tractor's Birthday
The Lucky Day
Farm of the Year
Silence of the Cows
The Big Sneeze
Bye Bye Blue
Enter the Dragon
The Beast of Babblebrook
The New Engine
The Town Boy
Circles in the Corn
Little Red Rocker
The New Addition
Gone With the Wind
Read All About It
The Ghost of Tawny Owl Wood
The Beech Farm Flyer
Molehills and Windmills
Hot Hot Hot
Thunder and Dancing
Row Yer Boat
Up, Up and Away
One Potato, Two Potato
The Show Must Go On
Too Cold for Snow
What's Up Duck
Little Red Tractor Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.