Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsMr. Conductor's Thomas Tales
|Created by||Britt Allcroft|
|Written by||Sean Kelly|
|Directed by||Steve Wright
|Opening theme||"Shining Time Station Theme"|
|Ending theme||Thomas’ Anthem|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||October 7– November 11, 1996|
|Related shows||Shining Time Station|
Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales was an American-Canadian spin-off series of Shining Time Station and Thomas & Friends that aired on PBS from October 7 to November 11, 1996. The plotlines, secondary to the five stories told by George Carlin in each episode, focused solely on Mr. Conductor alongside his dog, Missy and some goldfish. The stories were a mix of those not yet shown in any Shining Time Station episode (most of them being the Thomas series' fourth season episodes) and the previous episodes (such as "Percy's Ghostly Trick"). A music video was also included at the end of each episode. All the episodes of Mr. Conductor’s Thomas Tales were written by Sean Kelly.
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Missy the Dog as Herself
- The Goldfish as Themselves
1. Missing Whistles
Mr. Conductor loses his whistle and can't find it.
- Bulls Eyes
- Train Stops Play
- Percy's Ghostly Trick (Ghost Train)
- Thomas, Percy and the Dragon
- Special Funnel
- Really Useful Engine [music video]
Mr. Conductor has trouble with some animals in the forest.
- Four Little Engines
- Trouble for Thomas (Thomas and the Trucks)
- Toad Stands By
- Thomas Saves the Day (Thomas and the Breakdown Train)
- Rusty Helps Peter Sam (Trucks)
- Toby [music video]
3. Wish You Were Here
Late one night, Mr. Conductor writes a letter to Kit Twofeathers, who is on a fishing trip with his Uncle Billy.
- Thomas, Percy and the Mail Train (Thomas, Percy and the Post Train)
- Mind That Bike
- Home at Last
- Rock 'n' Roll
- Thomas and the Special Letter
- The Island Song [music video]
4. For the Birds
Following a nasty wind storm, Mr. Conductor wonders what he should do with the birds in preparation for a birdie concert.
- A Bad Day for Sir Handel
- Steam Roller
- Old Iron
- Double Trouble (Thomas, Percy and the Coal)
- Bowled Out
- Don't Judge a Book By its Cover [music video]
5. Splish, Splash, Splosh
Mr. Conductor has trouble handling 40 train tickets.
- Passengers and Polish
- Gallant Old Engine
- Bertie's Chase
- Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady
- You Can't Win
- Gone Fishing [music video]
6. Paint the Town Red
Mr. Conductor repaints his switch house door.
- Come Out, Henry! (The Sad Story of Henry)
- Whistles and Sneezes
- Henry and the Elephant
- Let's Have a Race [music video]
Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.