PBS facts for kids
The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is a non-profit public broadcasting television service with 349 member TV stations in the United States. While the term broadcast covers radio, PBS only covers TV; for radio the United States has National Public Radio, American Public Radio and Public Radio International.
- Fine arts (Austin City Limits, Great Performances, Live from the Metropolitan Opera, Live from Lincoln Center, and Evening at Pops)
- Drama (Mystery!, American Playhouse, and Masterpiece)
- Science (Nova and Scientific American Frontiers)
- History (American Experience, American Masters)
- History Detectives
- Public affairs (Frontline, NOW on PBS, Wide Angle, PBS NewsHour, Nightly Business Report)
- Independent films (P.O.V., and Independent Lens)
- The Kidsongs Television Show
- ZOOM 1999 (TV Series)
PBS Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.