Mudgeeraba Old Post Office facts for kids
The building was erected in 1927 as the council chambers for the Shire of Nerang and was used for that purpose until 1949, when the Shire was amalgamated into the Shire of Albert.
- 2015 - Visitor Centre moved materials moved to Mudgeeraba Markets
- 2016 - Announced that the library in its current form would close in Jan 2017 to be replaced by digital library activities, book exchange, community hire and expanded Gold Coast Techspace activities
- 2017 - Building undergoes renovation in line with council heritage plan. Library books removed from building to be replaced by City Libraries STEAM program and a public book exchange.
The building currently contains a number of facilities managed by the Gold Coast City Council:
- Mudgeeraba Book Exchange - at front entry to the building
- Community Centre - meeting room and activity space available for community hire
Mudgeeraba Old Post Office Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.