Names for ordinal numbers facts for kids
When writing other numbers between 21 and 99, only use the cardinal form of the last number. Also, you must use a hyphen (-).
- 21: twenty-first
- 64: sixty-fourth
- 99: ninety-ninth
The ordinal number 100 is written as "one hundredth", but sometimes people say "the hundredth".
To write a number from 100 to 999:
- First write how many hundreds.
- If nothing is left over, write the word "hundredth".
- If anything is left over, write the word "hundred", then write whatever is left over. Some times people use "and" to show the left overs.
- 101: one hundred first
- 102: one hundred second (or one hundred and second)
- 175: one hundred seventy-fifth
- 200: two hundredth
- 300: three hundredth
- 512: five hundred twelfth
- 987: nine hundred eighty-seventh
You can also write ordinal numbers by writing the number, then the ending (-st, -nd, -rd, or -th) from above.
Names for ordinal numbers Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.