Names of numbers in English facts for kids
When writing other numbers between 21 and 99, you must use a hyphen (-).
- 21: twenty-one
- 29: twenty-nine
- 64: sixty-four
- 99: ninety-nine
The number 100 is written as "one hundred", but sometimes people say "a hundred".
To write a number from 100 to 999:
- First write how many hundreds.
- Then write the word "hundred".
- Then, if anything is left over, write whatever is left over. Some times people use "and" to show the left overs.
- 101: one hundred one
- 101: one hundred one (or one hundred and one)
- 102: one hundred two (or one hundred and two)
- 175: one hundred seventy-five
- 200: two hundred
- 300: three hundred
- 512: five hundred twelve
- 987: nine hundred eighty-seven
Names of numbers in English Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.